Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to know how safe it is to use a pressure washer on my car as I don't always have an option to wash my car outside. I also don't want to take my car to car wash to avoid scratches and ruining the paint.

Is a pressure washer safe to use on the paint or will it damage the paint?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Yeah you should feel pretty safe using ones that you see at car washes and such. Just don not get really close to the paint, especially a stone chip or anything as may cause it to blast away some of the paint (pretty rare though).

As far as buying your own pressure washer I don't have too much info or insight on that. Not sure what the max psi should be.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Yup you shouldn't have to worry. Biggest concern should be not slipping or getting to close and having the end of the pressure washer scrape the car.

·
Administrator
207 Posts
I would use a normal car wash like meguiars or something with a sponge and bucket and then rinse with the powerwasher afterwards. I don't like using those powerwasher cleaning agents on cars. Nothing beats using a nice soft sponge and bucket with some good dedicated car washing soap.

Nadeem

·
Registered
41 Posts
I use Mothers car wash solution. Comes in a decent sized jug, just pour it a few splashes into a hot pail of water and you are good to go. Seems to easily get off any road grime and tar.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've taken my car through car washes before... touchless mostly. I find that the automatic car washes don't get all the dirt off nor do they dry the car completely. I pretty much have my cloths in the back and have to dry off what the car wash missed.

Like mentioned above, nothing beats taking the time to wash your car yourself. You make sure that you get all the dirt off and you can be as gentle or as rough as you please.

As for using a power washer... I've only used the ones at the coin-op car washes and haven't had any problems. I would say try talking to someone at Canadian Tire or Home Depot (or wherever you're buying the power washer) and see what they recommend.

·
Registered
26 Posts
you have absolutely nothing to worry about since the car is still pretty new. unless theres paint chips in your paint already. just like everyone said just make sure not to do it too close to your car.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts