Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 Genesis Sedan. Does anyone know what I have to do to remove the "H" from the rear deck lid as I want to put the wings on the rear to match those on the front?

thanks....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Removing Hyundai Sign for Rear Deck Lid

I have a 2015 Genesis Sedan. Does anyone know what I have to do to remove the "H" from the rear deck lid as I want to put the wings on the rear to match those on the front?

thanks....
Nothing to it.Leave car in sun for time to get metal hot. Than take a length of
twist tie wire,The one that comes in a roll with the dispenser and cutter. Usually come in a two pack of 150 feet, most any store has them they are colored green. Called garden collection.Distributed by GreenBrier International Inc.
Chesapeake Va 23320 If weather is too cold put car in garage and heat decal with hair dryer. Make a loop with tie wire and pull under decal slowly until decal come off. Clean paint surface where decal was stuck with goo gone or paint thinner or tar remover (no acetone or Lacquer thinner) Might try a double strand of Dental Floss but wire works better has more strength and less heat Good Luck

·
Registered
5 Posts
Picked up mu 2015 AWD Sig/TechOrdered mine off of ebay OEM with tabs removed for $11.

Going to de badge the Genesis and replace with the G80 to modernize. Not ashamed to drive the Hyundai badge (it's still a Hyundai).

I plan to use a hair dryer and NOT a heat gun and protect the paint with tape.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts