Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to upgrade the audio system in my Genesis Sedan. I've always been a fan of Pioneer equipment. Has anyone installed Pioneer sound equipment in their ride? Let me know what set up you have.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have looked at Crutchfield who usually is a good source for aftermarket stereo and they have nothing. I think the entertainment system in the Genesis, no matter which variant you have, is so integrated into the car that replacing it would be an project of monumental proportions. Not economically feasible in all cases.

·
Administrator
207 Posts
I run a Pioneer 10 in my Subaru and it hammers pretty hard. Any major brand will do as long as you don't buy the cheapest models they carry.

Nadeem

·
Registered
5 Posts
I really don't know how much the factory Lexicon system could be improved on. Stereophiles that have tested it have been blown away by it. The head unit would be a massive and pricey prospect to change as it would require major surgery and fabrication to reintegrate an aftermarket head unit into the dash. The speakers are good quality. If it is anything like the GM canbus system, total integration of stereo, bluetooth, hvac controls, onstar, rear seat stereo and hvac controls, warning buzzers and alarms, the car needs to be virtually rebuilt and rewired to get it all working again. Personally, the 17 speaker Lexicon system in my Genesis sedan sounds way better than the Harman Kardon logic 7 system in my BMW, and when I got that the system sounded pretty good at the time.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'm looking to upgrade the audio system in my Genesis Sedan. I've always been a fan of Pioneer equipment. Has anyone installed Pioneer sound equipment in their ride? Let me know what set up you have.
I have a Pioneer AVIC F900BT. One of the best headunits in terms of features. Only complain I have with some of the high end Pioneer head units is that they run on Windows CE. So it takes them an eternity to boot up when you turn on the car. Other than that they are amazing head units. Bring it to a professional shop to get wired in. My daily driver Lexus is an electrical wiring nightmare. Most of the things are integrated and even have 5 different ECU's for different components of the car. I found a handy wiring diagram and wired the head unit myself and works perfectly. If you're good with electrical systems than you should be fine. Just take your time.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I had no idea changing the deck would be so difficult. I guess I never thought about all the stuff that runs from it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I had no idea changing the deck would be so difficult. I guess I never thought about all the stuff that runs from it.
Sadly that the case now with most cars. The car manufacturers try to tie in all the electrical components together to make it hard to put aftermarket electronics in the car. Therefore forcing you to upgrade to the premium OEM headunit that they sell. Its not impossible just very hard.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts