Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to stay with a comfortable ride as well as keep the tire costs down, so I decided to stay with an 18" rim. Going with a 255/45/18 tire is almost a perfect match to the factory circumference, so the speedo is pretty accurate.

I also removed the rear mufflers (nothing else) and replaced them with 2 Bullet brand resonators and then added the Porsche 996 Turbo style tips, in Black chrome.

Other changes:
Replace high beams with an HID conversion kit (6000k color)
Replaced fog lights with a matching HID conversion kit (6000k)
Replaced the 194 city lights, in the high beam housing, with LEDs
Replaced the trunk and license plate bulbs with 38mm LEDs
Hardwired my valentine One radar detector and installed a mute switch on the light switch stalk.
Added a Scangauge II. I use Velcro for this. It is attached to my headliner where it meets the windshield, to the far left. I still drive my 2005 Mercedes C230, so I wanted to be able to easily switch back and forth between cars. (When I purchased the scangauge I had also purchased an extra cable) The gauge gives me info like instant mpg, voltage, water temp, intake air temp, rpm, mph, gallons of fuel per hour, tells me any check engine codes that pop up, etc...pretty cool little device to use in cars with mostly idiot lights instead of true gauges.

Tomorrow, (12-10-2009) I'm having the guy that did my exhaust work replace the resonators he installed, with two Magnaflow mufflers. The car sounds pretty awesome as it is, but way too loud inside the car, for my tastes.

the next big thing I need to do is either wait for Eibach to release a lower spring or buy the ARK Coil over kit. I don't want the car to be slammed, but I do want to close the gap between the tires and fenders a bit.

·
Registered
6 Posts
i just got my magnaflow exhaust put on, sounds great. dont know if fuel or horse power changed. we will see when i travel more of a distance.

·
Registered
6 Posts
wheel spacers

I wanted to stay with a comfortable ride as well as keep the tire costs down, so I decided to stay with an 18" rim. Going with a 255/45/18 tire is almost a perfect match to the factory circumference, so the speedo is pretty accurate.

I also removed the rear mufflers (nothing else) and replaced them with 2 Bullet brand resonators and then added the Porsche 996 Turbo style tips, in Black chrome.

Other changes:
Replace high beams with an HID conversion kit (6000k color)
Replaced fog lights with a matching HID conversion kit (6000k)
Replaced the 194 city lights, in the high beam housing, with LEDs
Replaced the trunk and license plate bulbs with 38mm LEDs
Hardwired my valentine One radar detector and installed a mute switch on the light switch stalk.
Added a Scangauge II. I use Velcro for this. It is attached to my headliner where it meets the windshield, to the far left. I still drive my 2005 Mercedes C230, so I wanted to be able to easily switch back and forth between cars. (When I purchased the scangauge I had also purchased an extra cable) The gauge gives me info like instant mpg, voltage, water temp, intake air temp, rpm, mph, gallons of fuel per hour, tells me any check engine codes that pop up, etc...pretty cool little device to use in cars with mostly idiot lights instead of true gauges.

Tomorrow, (12-10-2009) I'm having the guy that did my exhaust work replace the resonators he installed, with two Magnaflow mufflers. The car sounds pretty awesome as it is, but way too loud inside the car, for my tastes.

the next big thing I need to do is either wait for Eibach to release a lower spring or buy the ARK Coil over kit. I don't want the car to be slammed, but I do want to close the gap between the tires and fenders a bit.

have you used wheel spacers with stock rims?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts