Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
<<<<<<<<<<<Marketing 101 says it’s much easier to sell a young person’s car to an older customer. The Genesis Coupe 3.8 GT doesn’t suffer that problem. It’s a young person’s car, period.>>>>>>>>>>>>

Marketing 101 is correct. This is the view of a 71 year old owner of a black 3.8 Track with window tint. Of course, with that age comes the sense to opt for the ZF 6 speed auto.

·
Registered
57 Posts
<<<<<<<<<<<Marketing 101 says it’s much easier to sell a young person’s car to an older customer. The Genesis Coupe 3.8 GT doesn’t suffer that problem. It’s a young person’s car, period.>>>>>>>>>>>>

Marketing 101 is correct. This is the view of a 71 year old owner of a black 3.8 Track with window tint. Of course, with that age comes the sense to opt for the ZF 6 speed auto.
That's pretty cool. Never thought someone like you would be interested in the genesis. It's nice too see you picked the Genesis over getting something like a domestic.

·
Registered
65 Posts
If i bought purly on looks I would have to say I would still go with the Amercian Muscle car. I have other factors to consider when I buy a new car so this is why I am still leaning to the Hyundai.

·
Registered
33 Posts
If the company put the newly announced 5.0-liter engine into the coupe, they would have a barn-burner! It would probably gain some weight, but if that were only 150-200 pounds, then it would have a serious advantage over the current muscle car crowd.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If the company put the newly announced 5.0-liter engine into the coupe, they would have a barn-burner! It would probably gain some weight, but if that were only 150-200 pounds, then it would have a serious advantage over the current muscle car crowd.
So far the best bang for buck muscle car is the Ford Mustang GT. Even that only has 412hp. That's the highest from any non special edition muscle car. The new 5.0L V8 that Hyundai is coming out with has 429hp. Even with the extra weight from a V8 it will still get a good boost in the weight/hp ratio department.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts