Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres my story.

I purchased an INJEN Intake SP1390 on 4/14/2010.
At that time , INJEN advertised it to fit all 3.8L Genesis vehicles. I thought, hey , I have a Sedan, thats cool we have a new intake.
I bought it from a local wholeseller, and all was good. Until I got it.

It was pecifically made for the coupe, I could see this immediately once I saw the intake pipes. I package it back up, and send it back to the wholeseller, and they send it back to INJEN. 4+ weeks go by, and I finally get an email, saying the filter was damaged, and I would have to pay the difference for the filter.

I never opened the filter, instructions bag, or there crappy license plate frame. I returned it, and paid for it myself. If something was damaged, they should claim it with UPS. I know a filter does not cost $100.

Anyhow, the wholeseller, wont back me up. INJEN wants compensation, and im out $300 plus the S/H back and forth.

Kind of sux, thats my rant, and for all who doubt me and say I bought the wrong parts. Here is an official INJEN Press Release.

Dont support INJEN. I cannot even get them on the phone. I am not even sure of they R&D anything they sell!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Personally I custom built all my intakes by myself. I just buy the pieces separately and put it together myself. Takes a bit more time but it's completely worth it. Plus 9 out of 10 times you end up saving money. My advice is just make one yourself. It's not that hard to do. Just measure the angles and length of piping that you would need. Then go to an exhaust shop and they can make everything there for you. Don't forget to make outlets for your vacuum lines.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts