Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just called my local Hyundai Dealer to schedule an oil change (13837 miles) for my 2011 Hyundai Genesis Sedan.

He informed me that a cabin filter change along with tire rotation is due under the 15,000 mile maintenance.

Then he went on to inform me that there is an recall on my car for the brake fluid and he would need my car for about 3 hours.

Has anyone heard of this recall for the brake fluid? :confused: And also, what the problem is with the brake fluid. I will ask those question when I go for my appointment, but I just want to be better informed.

And secondly, when I get to his shop, I am going to asking him, "when were they going to notify me?". I only found out, if it's true, because I schedule an oil change.

I thank you in advance for anyone who may have heard of this, for their replies. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had my car in for an oil change today and they took care of the brake fluid recall on my 2011 4.6. I was not made aware of the recall in advance either. I'm not sure exactly what the issue is with it, but a free brake fluid change is fine by me. Total time took about 2.5 hrs including the oil change, car wash, and looking into a couple warranty items that they denied (that's another issue for another thread at another time).

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Brake fluid recall

Thanks Stretch for the reply. And I guess you are absolutely correct. A free brake fluid change and a car wash....after all, free is free and there isn't too much free going around.

But really, I just needed some type of validation that the brake fluid exchange was real. You have helped me tremendously with your reply. I now feel better about the upcoming oil change with a free brake fluid exchange AND a free car wash ! Once again thank you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts