Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading through some information I found on another site to try to get a baseline number for quarter mile times for the sedan. What I found was most people were running high 14 second runs around 14.7 @ about 97 mph. Anyone else take their car to the strip? 14 second quarters are not too bad for a 4,000 pound luxury vehicle IMO.

Nadeem

·
Registered
26 Posts
Its most likely with the V8 model. That packs a good amount of torque and whp to be able to achieve that quarter mile time.

·
Registered
14 Posts
superchargers are good. but twin turbo is the best thing to do to a V8. imagine having the low end torque of a V8 then having the top end advantage of a turbocharger. so many possibilities for this car.

·
Administrator
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
superchargers are good. but twin turbo is the best thing to do to a V8. imagine having the low end torque of a V8 then having the top end advantage of a turbocharger. so many possibilities for this car.
Very true, you are right about the turbo boosting the top end. The sporty luxury sedan market is out there so I am sure some people will try to make their Genesis match the 7-Series and AMG models performance wise too.

Nadeem

·
Registered
26 Posts
Now the question is who will be the first guy on the forums to twin turbo their Genesis. Its just going to be a matter of time til someone gives in to the craving for boost.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts