Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

How do you rate your factory stereo system?

• Awesome, wouldn't change a thing!

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Good

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Average

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Terrible

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • I Did Aftermarket Upgrades

Votes: 1 6.3%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How does everyone rate their factory stereo system? Are you impressed by it? Was it disappointing?

Have you done any upgrades or plan on upgrading speakers or the deck?

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have yet to hear it but I have decent expectations. I don't think any car has a terrible sounding stereo system these days. Hyundai will have an above average system I am thinking. I need it to play FM radio and CD's which is common place these days so I am not worried that it won't do this :)

·
Registered
165 Posts
Voted - good

Has a great clear and crisp sound. Has just enough bass to give it that extra bump also. It will distort (as expected) if you turn it up really loud however, but I haven't seen many stock systems that don't.

I am pleased with it

EDIT: Wrong thread, sorry guys.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Re: Factory stereo (surround) system

How does everyone rate their factory stereo system? Are you impressed by it? Was it disappointing?

See LA CAR - Reporting from Car Culture Ground Zero - THE VOCABULARY OF SONIC EXCELLENCE

I have been an audiophile for decades, and at home I listen to my $15,000+ system which is carefully tuned to room acoustics. My 2010 Genesis with Tech package has the 17-speaker 7.1 Lexicon system. This is a SUPERIOR system, reviewed more highly than any Bose or even Mark Levinson auto system. It sounds FABULOUS.

It is foolishness to think that anyone can make any upgrades to it that will improve the sound. Unless you are a very experienced and talented audio engineer / acoustician with a lab full of equipment, forget it. And even then you are probably wasting your time.

On the other hand, if you are one of those nitwits who equates good sound with body-shaking booming bass, go ahead.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Lexicon is Great and getting better

I have the '09 4.6 with tech package. The Lex is fantastic, but I am learning more about it every day. Its far superior to the Boss on my Infiniti M35. The FM HD Radio has a beautiful sound - very surprising, I like it een better than the XM. I've played my iPhone through the iPod interface cable and it is great - have a little problem changing playlists. I've played CDs, but the really great sound is DVD-A. Audio DVDs really wake up the Lex's 17 speakers with discrete 7.1 surround sound. I picked up the DVD-A of Beatles Love and WOW. Select "Surround" on the Disc system Settings to activate 7.1 Someone suggested to put the Fader three clicks forward of center and the sound really pops. I'm still playing with the EQ settings. Need to get more DVD-As. Amazon has a good selection. Some say the sub-woofer is not sufficient, but it sounds great to me.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Very exciting to hear about the quality of the Lex package, might have to start saving for the tech pacakge for my future Genesis. Does it come in the 3.8 liter also?

·
Registered
1 Posts

I recently bought a 2013 Genesis sedan base, and the stereo is terrible. I'm trying to figure out how to upgrade my speakers, and I'm not having any luck so far.

·
Registered
1 Posts
my only complaint about my 09 genesis with the tech package is that it only has bluetooth for phone calls and not music so i have to use a aux chord and now its starting a high pitch ringing when i plug it in. I'm brand new to the forum!

·
Registered
4 Posts
The factory Stereo system is good as nowadays there are more modifications in it. But if one is fond of sounds and system they can upgrade it according to their choice. My friend had recently upgraded some features in his car as he wants it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts