Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Thanks for the article. I was really debating doing this to my car but you just help me save $20. Its not a lot but still thats $20 I can put towards something else. I'd just rather regularly check my tires pressure and refill it for free.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Most of the "problem" with air is the moisture content. Remember that air is 78% nitrogen to start with. If shops would drain their moisture traps and change filters on the compressed air lines, you'd hardly see any difference at all between dry nitrogen and dry air.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yep that's the point. The inside lip of the rims where the tire meets can corrode because they use a water based substance when mounting the tires. The nitrogen helps to slow this down as well as being naturally drier than regular air.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Have yet to fill them up and no plans on doing it. I suspect the dealership will probably do it one day when I least suspect it...sneaky so and so's.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Have yet to fill them up and no plans on doing it. I suspect the dealership will probably do it one day when I least suspect it...sneaky so and so's.
As long as they do it for free than you should be happy. Even if they fill it with nitrogen it doesnt mean that you always have to use nitrogen. You can mix regular air with nitrogen but it wont give you any of the gains as just having nitrogen in your tires.

i have not filled the tires with nitrogen. what is advantages and disadvantages?
Theres an article I posted up top that talks about the whole subject. Read through it and you'll get a good understanding of how the whole nitrogen thing really works.

·
Registered
7 Posts

·
Vendor
168 Posts
Exhaust bearings and blinker fluid are not very far away from this. Normal tires + optimal tire pressure and everything will be fine.
As for the tires, I recommend choosing Toyo, they are flexible enough to avoid minor damage on the pot holes.
You can read more about these tires on our website: Toyo | Tires CARiD.com

·
Registered
2 Posts
Logic would seem to have it that as air is 78% nitrogen, and oxygen escapes the tire more readily than nitrogen, after a handful of air top-ups, your tire would be something like 95% nitrogen filled w/o any added expense!...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts