Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at installing a remote start and alarm combo in to my Genesis.

Any experiences, stories or things to look out for before I get it installed?? Currently looking at a Compustar alarm due to their range - any one else have this type?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Looking at installing a remote start and alarm combo in to my Genesis.

Any experiences, stories or things to look out for before I get it installed?? Currently looking at a Compustar alarm due to their range - any one else have this type?
No experience with it, just to report that when I bought my 4.6 tech last October I asked the dealer to check out whether there were any remote starters. After a day or two he got back and said there are none tested to work with Genny. I say this to suggest you make sure there will be no problems with the warrantee.

Good luck, and let us know how you make out.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I went to my dealer to pursue some options and they basically said next to nothing so looks like the dealer path is out for now. I will continue to check into things as this isn't something I want to go cheap or get the wrong installer or remote start/alarm combo

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've heard good things about Compustar alarms, and I have a Viper alarm ( I don't drive a Genesis yet). I haven't had any complaints with it - it works wonders and you can adjust the sensitivity and other features. I also had my keyless entry hooked up to it, so I press one button and it disarms/unlocks the car and vice versa.

I haven't had any experiences with remote starters - not too sure how it would work on a manual transmission car, but I'm surprised that the remote starters out there won't work with the Genesis. I'd do some more research and see what you can find. The big names in alarms/starters seem to be Compustar and Viper - hopefully they will have something that works.

Keep us posted on how it goes :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Viper came out with one that works on smartphones (blackerry and iphones) - the choice is killing me!
Saw those awhile back. They are a hefty price to pay for install but a neat novelty. Make sure you are in an area that has 3G or 4G cell coverage otherwise it seems pointless.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Lojack is also a good idea. the faster the recovery the less likley it is to be a complete mess when you get it back.

·
Registered
82 Posts
figured i should reply to a few post here since ive had my fair share of alarms and have done a good amount of research on them

all the ranges that the companies posted are bs in real life. 1 mile range is in a wide open space with nothing to interfere with the signal like buildings, cars, other signals, etc..... regardless the compustar still has a good range

I've heard good things about Compustar alarms, and I have a Viper alarm ( I don't drive a Genesis yet). I haven't had any complaints with it - it works wonders and you can adjust the sensitivity and other features. I also had my keyless entry hooked up to it, so I press one button and it disarms/unlocks the car and vice versa.

I haven't had any experiences with remote starters - not too sure how it would work on a manual transmission car, but I'm surprised that the remote starters out there won't work with the Genesis. I'd do some more research and see what you can find. The big names in alarms/starters seem to be Compustar and Viper - hopefully they will have something that works.

Keep us posted on how it goes :)
theres ones specifically made to work on a manual car. it checks to see if the car is in neutral first before it would autostart the car.

Viper came out with one that works on smartphones (blackerry and iphones) - the choice is killing me!
the 3 big alarm companies have come out with this option already. autostart, compustar, and viper.

Lojack is also a good idea. the faster the recovery the less likley it is to be a complete mess when you get it back.
lojack is really good for recovering your car and also you usually get a discount from your insurance company for using this. it doesnt help prevent the car from getting stolen though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts