1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have my new 2015 Genesis two weeks 3.8 AWD loaded, white/black
previous 2009 Genesis 3.8 black/black, and 2011 Equus signature black/black
Tough choice going from Equus back to Genesis in theory

Reality is the Genesis blows the Equus away in every category with the exception of head turning so far
The 2009 Genesis was a show stopper and drew constant complements
In the three years I drove the Equus until the day I traded it in, people went crazy for the cars looks(had the bird hood ornament and Equus badge on trunk)
every where I went people asked what it was and couldn't say enough about the car
The 2015 Genesis is SO much more of a car component and technically wise
We will see in time if it is as much of a show stopper as the Equus
I drove it into New York City twice since I picked it up, and the ride and handling are outrageous
compared to the Equus
The AWD was a major consideration for me here in Conneticut.
Would have probably gone with another Equus, had Hyundai done the model right and offered AWD
Once I took a look at the Genesis, I would have gone with the 5.0, with the 19" wheels and LED fogs
Again NO AWD
I don't get the thought process
Maybe when I am ready to trade this one in, Hyundai will offer all of the options with a loaded car that a luxury car buyer expects
Let me know tour thoughts

·
Registered
3 Posts
2015 color choices

I have a 2011 4.6 sedan, black with saddle brown interior, and was anxiously awaiting the newly designed 2015. I was ready to buy. I saw the car at the NY auto show and was duly impressed. Problem is, they don't offer the color combos which they have in the past. Some would say it is silly to not buy a car because of the color, but that's me. I'll wait and hope for more options in the future. Anyway, my 2011 has never given me a minute's trouble and is still a lot of fun to drive.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts