Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning on picking up the 2.0T Genesis Coupe and am interested to see of those that picked each version, why did you pick it?

What kind of noticeable differences in the way the car drove did you see that made you pick it.

Do you think the turbo model will have a stronger market for aftermarket parts (like turbo upgrades)

Is everything else the same besides the engine components, like how interchangable are the parts?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I picked up the Turbo model strongly based on the amount of aftermarket parts that will be available. I think their will be a huge aftermarket for turbo upgrades and all the fancy parts that go with it. Be able to get bigger intercoolers, turbo's, bovs, etc.

I never really even considered the 3.8 liter engine. I can't really answer about how interchangeable the parts are. I don't think they will be at all since they will be completely different engine parts.

·
Administrator
207 Posts
I know the engine will be different but what about suspension/brakes/exhausts
They must be different. Personally I like the turbo as it will be easier to upgrade and make cheap power. Warranty aside, I wonder what a good kit would do to increase performance. Anyone know if there are injectors available for the 2.0?

Nadeem

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got mine for the novelty factor of the turbo. Aftermarket is growing more and more.

Did you test drive both cars bigred and you could feel that much of a power difference or was it just initially off the line?

·
Registered
29 Posts
The 3.8 is much quieter, quicker, smoother, and a lot more responsive.
The drive train is the same other than the engines, and the auto trans.
The clunky manual is the same in both cars.

With the 2.0 turbo, you can spend about 4-5 grand, void the warrantee, and have "ALMOST" as much performance as the stock 6 cyl. :)

I drove both the 2.0T and the 3.8 with auto trans and manual before making my choice.
There was no comparison.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have 2/3 genesis race cars. 2 are the 3.8 and the third will be a 2.0L t. i will be developing parts for both. Susppension and engine will be available soon form me. I'll post the team website once we have officially launched the team.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Bought the car to go fast - not to spend time working on it - I'm an older dude with job and family - 3.8 all the way and loving it

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2.0t 2010 and I very like it. With some low cost modification you can achieve something that is really interesting. Until now, i ain't spend more than 1000$ and i have around 250 whp, so around 300 hp at the engine. I discorver a passion for the tuning with this car and the pieces is really easy to find. I unfornutely not try the 3.8. I am sure that is awsome to drive. But just for the potential, the easy way to increase hp I think I will still gonna choose the 2.0t, but as i've not try the 3.8 i can't by sure.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1 Posts
2.0 or 3.8 Blah blah. Every one is going to biased on what they bought. I have a 2014 2.0 RSPEC there are noticeable differences in both cars. The 2 comments that I have seen on her that left me dumbfounded are as follows. Spend 4 to 5 thousand dollars in bolt ons to get the HP of the 3.8. And the bolt ons will void the warranty. Do you talk to Hyundai or just assume stuff. They funny thing is my salesman owns a 2012 3.8 and told me he recommends the 2.0. Not to mention there was a estimated 60 HP gain and 50 FP TRQ gain from 2012 to 2013. With that being said drive both and get what you like. You will be happy with your purchase either way I'm sure.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I discover a desire for the change with this car and the smithereens is actually easy to find. I unfornutely not try the 3.8. I am sure that is awsome to drive. But just for the potential, the easy way to increase hp I think I will still gonna choose the 2.0t, but as i've not try the 3.8 i can't by sure.

PREVENTATIVE VEHICLE MAINTENANCE

1 - 18 of 18 Posts