post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-27-2010, 06:11 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Stock Dunlop Tires

Anybody had problems with the stock Dunlop tires that come with the Genesis? I have heard of people needing new rubber after under 20,000kms. I would hate to find that the Genesis is hard on tires. Let us know.

Nadeem
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-31-2010, 02:07 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I am not that close to that mileage but to be honest have not checked my tread at all. Have yet to have any issues either, road noise seems good.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-03-2010, 12:44 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I don't think its a problem with the actual tires more than a problem with too much power being applied. While most people wont think of anything from an occasional chirp from the tires when they accelerate it still affects tire life. I was able to go from 90% tread to 20% in under 15000km with my V8 powered car.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-03-2010, 03:19 PM

I know it does depend on how you drive, but I have heard similar rumors. Hopefully it is because of lead foots as opposed to being due to a design flaw or cheap stock tires.

Dave
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-18-2010, 12:28 AM

2011 Genesis Dunlop Tires

I just purchased a 2011 4.6 and have put 2,800 miles on it 4 weeks. I just got the car back today with new tires. Seems the factory set would not balance without an insane amount of weight on each rim. According to the tire dealer over 3 ADDITIONAL ounces over the 4 on the rim now. So....Dunlop (Goodyear) replaced them as a favor to me. Drove exactly 12 miles to my office and parked the car. Problem better but not fixed. Goodyear basically told me this was it and they would not do any more. Back to the car dealer on Monday. Three trips to the car dealer, roadforce balance, tires rotated on the rims, trip to the Tire Dealer and replacement tires. Steering wheel still shakes. Driving my 07 Ford pickup with 189K on the clock, but no wheel shake.
Research the tires on Tire Rack and feedback is mostly 16 to 25K and the tires are worn out. Not real happy but on the bright side the rhodes scholar of a service manager told me he will keep working on it until it is fixed no matter how many times I have to bring the car in. This time I told him to keep the car until it was fixed and take his time. After 30 days in the shop they will have to buy it back. I should have bought the BMW
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-23-2010, 05:00 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Thanks for the info. That is pretty much the story I have heard regarding the Dunlops too.

Nadeem
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-08-2010, 03:20 PM

2009 4.6 with over 24,000 miles and no problems with tires.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-28-2012, 01:40 PM

Garage
I have a 2010 4.6 with just over 41K miles, and the wear bands are about to show. Admittedly, I do not regularly push the tires very hard.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-12-2013, 11:35 PM

I have a 2009 Genesis Sedan 3.8. My wife is afraid of the power so I drive It occasionally. To date it only has 15,000 miles on the odometer. I know this may sound crazy but I believe the Dunlop tires are unsafe. If there are tiny cracks in betwee the tread can this be signs of a possible failure.I plan to make a long trip real soon and am concerned. The cracks are not deep but are visible. Please advise if someone has an answer. Thank You.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-17-2014, 01:29 AM

Thumbs down Dunlop Tires On 2009 Genesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
Anybody had problems with the stock Dunlop tires that come with the Genesis? I have heard of people needing new rubber after under 20,000kms. I would hate to find that the Genesis is hard on tires. Let us know.

Nadeem
Had to replace all four Dunlops at 18,000 miles; Left rear was worn down to unsafe condition on inside. Car never drifted or wandered on Road, I Was really suprised and only knew of this when I took car in for service and the Hyundai dealer informed me of the bad tire. TIRE PRESSURE WAS ALWAYS CHECKED AND AIRED TO PROPER INFLATION, I HOPE IT IS NOT A SERIOUS ALIGNMENT FLAW IN THE CAR. HAD 4 WHEEL ALIGMNENT DONE AND i GUESS TIME WILL TELL HOW WELL THE 4 new Michelin A/Ts3 Tires WILL PERFORM. THE DUNLOPS HAD LESS THAN 4,000 MILES OF HI SPEED ROAD MILES THE REMAINDER WAS A CITY DRIVING,
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-17-2014, 10:50 AM

Stock Dunlop Tires

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibrant View Post
I am not that close to that mileage but to be honest have not checked my tread at all. Have yet to have any issues either, road noise seems good.
I strongly suggest that you check the tire tread wear on your vehicle. I found a badly worn left rear tire on my 2009 Genesis sedan. The miracle is that I had just returned from a road trip and the tire held together. I had only 18,000 miles on the car. I belive all the tires were worn significantly considering the low mileage they had. The car never showed any sign of trouble, no pulling right or left, braking was excellent. Dealer checked wheel alignment and found the rear wheels were way out of specs. All four wheels were realigned with new Michelin tires installed. Hopefully the Michelins will give me at least double the 18,000 miles service the Dunlops allowed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page